Monday, May 2, 2016

Visible Progress

We are 34 weeks pregnant as I write this.  All of our plans and dreams are finally beginning to come together and I am so happy with the results.
We had our doctor's appointment today, and as always, daddy came along with us.  While we waited for doctor to come check us, daddy talked to baby to make sure she was awake and wiggly!  Her heartbeat is strong (in the 140s) and she kicked and wiggled the entire time the doctor was trying to feel her to see which position she is in.  It looks like baby is head down, butt up, and twisted somehow because her little kickers are far on the right side of my belly.  She is filling up all the space in there now, and I don't know how I ever managed to carry twins because I feel so very full already.  In good mommy news, I only gained about 1.5 pounds and my blood pressure is good.  The aching back, swollen bits, hurting feet, twitching legs, and all my other complaints are normal.  For all my wishing it could be June already, for all my wishing that I didn't have to work anymore, I am so grateful that baby girl is snug and cozy in my uterus, where she can continue to grow safe and strong until she is ready to survive this outside world.
The nursery is coming along fabulously well.  We (meaning daddy) hung the ribbons above the pictures, put the hook in the ceiling so we could hang the little Japanese babies (a gift I bought in Japan last May when I knew we were going to try for a baby- the very first gift I ever bought her), and we attempted to hang up some floating corner shelves.  It was an epic failure.  So, we patched the eight holes in the wall and the new- with much better reviews- shelves will be here tomorrow.
So, aside from the shelves and the curtains that grandma is making, the nursery is ready to go.  The clothes are washed and folded in the drawers (given they are size N and I will probably have to pack them up before she is even born), the towels and blankets are folded and in the closet, and everything is in its place.
Mommy's favorite spot

Our changing table with the beautiful Pooh quote

Pretty purple ribbons on our Pooh prints and the Japanese babies
hanging in the corner.


         














Two Saturdays ago, when we were 33 weeks, we took some family pictures.  Maternity pictures weren't really a "thing" back when I was having the other children, but I have seen so many families doing them recently that I decided it would be fun.  I love the results!
Within the next two weeks we will get our tdap shots (apparently this is a new thing too), pack a hospital bag, and buy all the little things we have forgotten about so far.  And then, hopefully, we will be able to relax and wait for baby to arrive.  Haha, we know that won't happen, but we will at least be prepared.
I had my first three kids when I was young and poor.  I would not take away those memories, those lessons, or a single moment of the beautiful life that I enjoyed with them.  I do, however, find great joy in being able to plan and to dream and to bring to fruition my dream for this baby girl.  When I sit in her nursery, I feel such a calm and peace.  I can't believe that something I dreamed up came out.  I can't believe that after all these years, Jason is going to get to be a daddy.  I think that makes me happiest of all.
Made with love

We are here waiting for you baby...

Helping hands

Love this beautiful family!

Daddy is so in love with you already

You have stolen my heart (and my body)

Into arms that will never let you go

No comments:

Post a Comment